Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thing # 9 Play w/ Wiki

I added my suggested activity on Technology Poppers Wiki which Dr. Wilson posted up. I really like that idea to have a Wiki to collaborate ideas off other teachers. It was nice to see the wonderful ways technology could be Incorporated to do the activities listed by other teachers and educators.


I shared the following:
Kiran: This year I had planned for my students create a glogster poster ad for a made up healthy snack. They had to first collaborate with their group members and decide on a health snack to sell to parents of all children. They had to incorporate the food label for their snake, highlight anything special about their snack, and give some quick reasons as to why their snake is worth buys for kids. This taught the kids to understand the importance of food labels for our Health topic in Science.


Can I think of ways I could use a wiki either personally or professionally?
I would definitively use a Wiki professionally the same was as Dr. Wilson did with my colleagues, but make it more grade level specific. Personally I don't really know what I would make a Wiki for?? I defiantly would not use a Wiki as a reliable source for research and would not encourage my kids to either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment