Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thing #11 Web 2-0 Tools

I explored a lot of the web 2.0 tools in my class and even am planning to use some of the tools I have explored in my classroom for some project next academic year. Out of the Web 2.0 Awards tools I like the Picnik tool because you can import pictures from anywhere and manipulate it multiple ways. Its almost like having kodak gallery, but with alot of other features to spunk up your pictures. You can also share your picture directly from Picnik to facebook, picasa, twitter, flickr, and myspace. Below is an image that I uploaded and changed to make it look "cute."
Image taken from Google image


I like playing with all the new Web 2.0 tool that I am coming across but the one that I enjoyed creating with was Prezi. Our principal had asked us to do a book study on book called Guided Math. After we had read the whole book each grade level was assigned a chapter to present at a staff development. I was assigned chapter 6, Supporting Guided Math with Math Workshops.  I wanted to make my part of the presentation more entertaining and attractive so I decided to do it on Prezi. A lot of my faculty members liked my presentation and Prezi. Many of them asked me to send them the link to Prezi and show them how it is used. I learned that day, that power point was not the only thing left to use for presentations, there are other free Web 2.0 tools like Prezi that are available to create presentations that are more attractive, and motivational.  Below is my presentation from Prezi that I created for our staff development presentation.


2 comments:

  1. wow... picnik is awesome! I am so going to use it. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Fauzia! I like Picnik a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete