Sunday, June 19, 2011

16 Things Evaluation

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
My favorite part of this blogging journey was to be able to express my opinion about what I have learning through the 16 things I did. I also like creating my Voki, and letting my class know about a new type of wordle called Tagxedo. I also enjoyed uploading images on my blog. Flickr is an awesome website for gathering some great images (I uploaded Images of my wedding on Flickr). I also like creating and surfing the different types of Mashup that can be created with images. Finally, Facebook was fun to surf as always. 
2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
As tedious and time consuming as all of this was, I have to say I have learned A LOT! I haven't done half the stuff that was assigned for me to do. I think I would of kept it that way if it weren't for my 16 thing project. Since I have learned a lot and created some great accounts, like twitter, wiki, RSS feeds, and Podcast, I plan on going back to those sites and reading up on the more up to date news and info. Being more updated with whats going on at the moment will help me to be more involved in conversations my co-works and friends have. 
3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Yes, EVERYTHING was unexpected! In the beginning I was so worried that I wouldn't know how to do any of this, but with the help of my classmates and the will to complete this project I pulled through. :0) Believe it or not I have never blogged! Just this whole experiences of blogging has motivated me to continue my educational blog that I have started and use it to update it with newer things that I learn in my class. This way I have a blog full of experience to refer back to once I have graduated from HBU. 
4. What could I do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
The few things that could of been done differently are looking back at the links that are not working. It was quite frustrating when the tutorials especially, weren't working. Since I have not done any of this before, I really relied on the tutorials to self teach and then implement what I learned. I also wish that these 16 things were spread out throughout the course then having to complete them in two weeks. I feel that blogging is an ongoing process and that if we could blog through this course we could input quality responses to other's ideas on their blogs. And finally, I really think that whichever THING the class has the most difficulty is should be turned into a class discussion and some demonstrations should be given to us so we can go back and complete that THING w/o frustration. Overall this was a great NEW experience that I know I will and have grown from. Thanks Dr. Wilson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment