Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thing # 14 Podcast

I never knew what a Podcast was until I did some searching around and exploring of various Podcast on Pocdcastdirectory.com. I learned that Podcast are an audio form of broadcasting information. Podcast can be useful in many ways because to create a podcast you record something, then upload it as a podcast. I can see Podcast becoming popular in higher grade levels or academic areas. Many middle, high, or collage teachers can use Podcast as a tool to record their lectures and put it on their website for those students who have been absent for class. Since elementary schools are very hands on and all about visual demonstrations, I don't see Podcast working for teacher in elementary. Although, depending on the project and topic being taught, you put a group of kids together and tell them that for a project they have to pretend that they are hosting a radio show, or broadcasting some sort of news to relay their message, or taught material. The kids will love to record themselves then then the teacher can upload the Podcast on the class website for others to hear the talent present in their class. 


Here is a Podcast that I enjoyed listening to called, The TechTeacher Podcast PodcastsThere are many educational technology podcast on this website. In the Podcast the host talks about various technologies that can be used effectively in the classroom. The host goes over what each technology is about and how it is to be used and even list how much it cost. I figured that this Podcast will come in handy for me when I need to know how to use a certain type of tehcnology in my classroom. Its almost like hearing a tutorial lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment