Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thing 15.5 Twitter

When I looked up what Twitter is this is the definition I go: Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service that allows you answer the question, "What are you doing?"by sending short text messages 140 characters in length, called "tweets", to your friends, or "followers." This perfectly explains the purpose to twitter. I am not much of a person that needs to express themselves to the world, I barely put up what's on my mind on Facebook, so tweeting is not going to be my thing. Although, I did find some twitters that I am following. It was nice to click on some links that led me to articles and news in the education world along with what other interactive learning can be going on in a classroom. At the moment I am following: 



teachers20 Teachers 2.0
web20classroom Steven W. Anderson
woot woot.com
Discovery Discovery Channel US
weirdscience_se Weird Science
TheScienceGuy Bill Nye
educationweek Education Week
doctordkwilson Dawn Wilson

I don't see twitter working for my students even though I would love to set up a group twitter where its just me and my students tweeting back and forth. I wonder is that is an option, to privatize a group of twitters? 
Twitter would be good in a sense that it would a good way to remind others of upcoming events or due dates of things. For example I had no idea that there was a barney concert happending in July and my niece LOVES Barney. When I saw someone tweet that I pass that message on to my sister-in-law. A great way to find out info and relay messages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment