Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thing # 7 Image Generators



Voki was so much FUN! I defiantly want to do this with my students. There are so many activities that are coming in mind in which my students can use Voki for. Some examples are, my students can use Voki to explain the steps of multiplying and dividing big numbers, tell the the difference between customary and metric measurements and some real world examples that can be measured using those measurements, they can create an verbal acrostic poem for a vocabulary word for the Science unit being taught, and much much more!! The best part about Voki is that it is easy and user friendly. The kids will be self motivated to want to express their learning through their avatar. 



Tagxedo is another cool motivational image creator. Students get on Tagxedo and create a "cloud image" of words. These can be vocabulary words, words that students are having difficult recognizing, spelling word practice, or just putting together words that help students retain taught knowledge. During this previous year, my students attend a seminar which was conducted by a police officer. The officer informed the 4th graders that when they turn 10 they are responsible for their own actions and can receive legal consequences for their negative actions. As an activity form that seminar,  I had my students come up with as many words as they could think of from the seminar they had attend and put together a cloud of words to help them remember the good choices they would have to make as they got older Then we printed the cloud images and  hung them on my behavior bulletin to keep a visual reminder for my students and the choices they will be making for the rest of the year. They loved going to Tagxedo and creating their images with words. I plan on using Tagxedo for other assignments as well, more vocabulary base assignments for Science unit

7 comments:

  1. I loved your voki... how did you get the actual voki on the blog. I could only post the web address. Help. You are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Donna, Its better that I show you then write here how it is uploaded on the blog. You have to copy the URL for your complete Voki then put it in the HTML section of your blog post section.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know its not you talking, but she sounds just like you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiran I love tagxedo....I have been playing with it in between videos during class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, when I went to the technology conference recently the presenters said this is the more updated version of Wordle but better. I like it to...totally using it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tagxedo looks awesome, and the style looks nicer than Wordle! By the way, I think your overall blog looks very nice-- you took the time to change the font and color so that it really stands out! :) - Rachelle

    ReplyDelete